Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Wolf Man

Did anyone notice that everyone was centered on the prints as a four legged animals--and yet Larry is the werewolf and walks upright creating two print tracks? ah grasshopper........

I also caught the pun on the store front reading "Saneman Products, LTD" - hmmmm........

Please help me out someone, I thought a werewolf only appeared on the night of a full moon. Larry seemed to be out every night........am I missing something?

See everyone in class
Stephanie

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. I thought the same things when I saw this movie last semester in another film class. I do not think they put a lot of thought into this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps since this is first werewolf movie they were still developing the mythology surrounding lycanthrophy in Hollywood movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Lycanthropy!?" I had to look that word up! You surely must be an Honot's student!

      Delete
    2. Hahahahaha! I just finished watching the movie and I see now that the word is in the film! I amuse me.

      Delete
  3. I found an interview with Curt Siodmark who claims his original idea was that the audience should never see any "actual" evidence of the transformed Wolf Man. He wanted the audience to be left unsure about whether or not it was "all in Lon Chaney Jr.'s head." great idea).
    As we know, RKO employed this idea in "Cat People" by Val Lewton.

    I believe that Universal should have gone with the mysterious rather than the obvious. Too many observable "ah ha" moments.
    For a fascinating read:

    moria.co.nz/horror/wolfman-1941.htm

    ReplyDelete